edu-sharing 4.1: Open for public community test31. May 2018
edu-sharing 4.2 RC 1 is ready to be downloaded11. June 2019
edu-sharing | 4.1 | community | release | test | new version
edu-sharing 4.1 has been published
The latest edu-sharing version is in the starting blocks. What is in it? Find out all important information about the update here. Thanks for the feedback on the public beta version.
What has changed?
Introducing: Editorial collections are a place where users can find quality assured content created or edited by editorial teams. You can also add further metadata to those collections (i.e. tags) and pin them to the top of the search view to improve their visibility.
Use H5P content
Thanks to our rendering service you can use H5P content as of this version. Just create and download new content on h5p.org →. Upload the .zip to edu-sharing and make it available everywhere e.g. your OER search.
Many improvements in collections
Create, sort or share educational content in collections. We worked on many different levels to facilitate working with collections. Here are just a few improvements:
- Create collections easily with pre-defined settings
- Bring content of a collection in a certain order
- Add new content to a collection more easily
- ... and more.
Assignment of OER licenses
We've facilitated the assignment of correct licenses with numerous improvements:
- Assign a license to multiple objects at once
- Add information about the creator as plain text
- Open licenses (i.e. for OER) can be assigned with just a few clicks. Other license types are available as well.
- Recognize at a glance whether content is OER or not.
New: Contexts for one instance
Via "contexts" you can use content in edu-sharing from different perspectives, e.g. organisations.
You select the entry point using your own URL. This allows you to set up a single instance and set up a context for a school and a context for a university, each with its own metadata and a banner.
- Bookmark list
- Improvements in search
- Exact searches
- Search with other terms if you don't get results
- New filter for licenses in search
- Problems with faulty materials can be reported by e-mail
- ... and more...