Educational cloud | e-learning cloud | open source | solution
Open source educational cloud or e-learning cloud
Take advantage of the e-learning systems of your partners.
We network your infrastructures!
- cross-organizational exchange of content and tools
- cloud storage and tool integration for learning environments and authoring tools
- group-based access to services
- professional search engine
Using content and tools in a network
Use content and tools in a network and share tools and materials across the borders of organizations
Access to content, tools and exciting templates
The content of your repository can be offered on freely configurable views which can be integrated into your website. Here your users can find the following according to their access rights:
- Learning content sorted by events, teachers, study programs ...
- Courses from learning environments, such as Moodle or OPAL
- Tools like etherpad and ONYX
- didactical templates as a preset for their own courses
This way tutors can use the best tool for the job.
Store content cetrally and use it everywhere
Start your education cloud project with cloud storage for its users, groups, and departments. Connect all your learning platforms and other IT systems to use centrally managed content everywhere.
- The content will be used immediately in all connected systems (learning platform, wiki, web CMS)
- In the online workspace you can integrate your favorite authoring tools, for example the editor of the ONYX test-suite.
- The sharing feature and the license editor (for example, for the Creative Commons licenses) make it easy to share and publish content.
- We are happy to integrate existing network drives or other internal memory locations. This allows you to search all your filings with one central search.
Store everything in your cloud storage and take it with you when changing organizations
The user generated files, media and research raw data are stored in the personal cloud storage. In an educational cloud, users will be able to switch educational institutions or learning environments without losing their data stored in the cloud storage.
Integrate sources of quality content
Connect sources with quality content to your cloud solution! This way teachers can not only find objects from their own cloud storage via the central search, but also from connected sources of content:
- open content sources, such as wikimedia, YouTube or Serlo
- your library and related publication sources
- organizational media servers
- edu-sharing repositories of other educational institutions
The central management of content makes it easy to create usage statistics for collecting societies.
Use content and tools in all connected LMS and authoring tools
Many popular software tools can be easily connected to the education cloud right now:
- Learning platforms: Moodle, OPAL, ILIAS
- Tools: MediaWiki, Vanilla-Forum, Etherpad
- ONYX Testsuite, Liferay-portal system
Achieving more together
Modern cloud services determine our private life. We coordinate our appointments with our favorite calendar, maintain contacts via social network services and we manage and share our documents with cloud storage. For privacy and data protection reasons these cloud technologies have barely found their way into our educational institutions.
However, we believe that our teachers should be able to decide what tools or what learning platform they would like to use for each class or teaching tasks. Using a federated educational cloud you can provide and use modern learning, working and authoring tools together with your partners. We support you in the integration of your infrastructure and help in the implementation of inter-organizational authentication, authorization and data protection concepts.