roadmap | release | version | vision | edu-sharing
Learn more about our vision and upcoming releases*.
Connecting educational software systems and learning platforms to share educational content, metadata and tools. Find them in an educational cloud and use them in all connected systems.
edu-sharing 5.2 and following
Roadmap strategy project is in progress
Every 2-3 years the community meets and defines a strategy for the roadmap.
This strategy project is currently in progress.
Probably in spring the further development topics will be published on this page.
The edu-sharing partner organisations, which guarantee stable development financing, are jointly entitled to vote with 75%. The non-profit edu-sharing NETWORK Association is entitled to vote with 25%. It organizes the community and joint quality management.
Currently planned features (5.1)
- Improved editorial functions
- New: Management of libraries that purchase licenses for assigned organisations.
- Libraries can manage licenses for associated educational organisations
- Associated educational organisations receive metadata for better manageability
- Bulk editing of metadata
- Bulk releases for content
- better configurability of the portal start page
- Landingpage for link releases - customizable provider design
- Content management improvements
- Simplified upload function for easier upload of content from connected LMS
- Improved search for people and groups for shares
- QR code for the object
- Metadata is included with ZIP downloads in text format
- Search improvements
- Click on keywords starts corresponding search
- advanced search fields provide feedback on the number of available objects
- Improvements in Collections
- Content can be uploaded directly to collections (originally this was only possible via Workspace)
- external content from federated repositories can now be added to collections
- various usability improvements in the workspace
- Revisions of the mobile apps (iOS, Android 9.0)
- Improvement of connected software systems
- Automatic connection of Moodle instances via scripting, e.g. for large nationwide installations vedu-sharing content can be inserted into OnlyOffice pages
This release will mainly be financed by the German school sector, i.e. Staatsinstitut für Schulqualität und Bildungsforschung München , Pädagogische Landesinstitut Rheinland-Pfalz (PL) and by The OER Project Berlin.
Included features (5.0)
- Introduction of user profiles
- New "Stream" has been prepared to give every user or course access to his own learning stream filled with interesting learning content displayed as a timeline.
- Content can be commented
- improved H5P Connector: Create, manage, share and collect H5P content and use it in connected systems (e.g. moodle).
- Migration to afresco 5.2
- ... and much more ...
This release is mainly developed thanks to the sponsored project "LaSiDig" byFederal Ministry of Education and Research / Germany.
Included features (4.2)
- Introduction of "learning units" or "series": A main content is able to contain multiple subobjects. (z.B. exercise and possible solution, spanish text with translation to english and german, little learning unit of a sertain topic.)
- DOI / Handle-Connection: Development of "Digital Object Identifier (DOI)"
- Users can create variants of open licensed content.
- Add material from collections in learning management systems (e.g. moodle)
- Improved Search
- Support of user quotas
- Improved link sharing
- ... and much more ...
This release is mainly developed with
- University of Tübingen with their project "OERBW" and
- Ministerium für Kultus, Jugend und Sport Baden-Württemberg
edu-sharing 4.1 has been published
Included features (4.1)
- Numerous improvements in creating, editing and use of collections
- New editorial collections:They only can be managed by editorial teams. They also can be pinned in search results - especially useful for curriculum collections.
- Save interesting content on a bookmark list and download them as .zip a file.
- New bulk license assignment. Licensing of oer content is much easier the before.
- Contexts: Different entry points into an instance with its own metadata and URL (e.g., build one instance for schools and colleges - and separate them via contexts)
- ... and many more features...
*All information on that page are showing the desired development of edu-sharing according to our current knowledge. Further adjustments are possible.